A honeymoon is a one-time event that allows you to unwind, relax and spend quality time with your newly-wedded spouse.
It helps you start your family in the best way possible as you and your lovely wife will enjoy interrupted moments together, gisting, laughing and planning for the future.
However, you must choose the right destination to enjoy the best of your honeymoon and make it truly memorable.
Getting the best place for your honeymoon shouldn’t be a problem as there are numerous beautiful options, ranging from exotic islands to beautiful cities in Europe, Asia, and Africa.
This article discusses the top 12 honeymoon destinations you must explore with your bride. These places guarantee adventure-packed activities, scenic views, and delicious meals that will make your honeymoon special.
Though the list is in no particular order, it’s no coincidence that Maldives occupies the first spot.
Maldives is one of the destinations to explore as a newly-wedded couple hoping to have a nice time.
Known for its crystal-clear waters and stunning coral reefs, the Maldives provides a secure atmosphere to cruise on a boat beside your better half.
It also features romantic locations and amusement centers for honeymooners, including Aritoll and Tewa Stross.
Things to Do in Maldives on Honeymoon
The best things to do in Maldives on a honeymoon include the following:
- Dive with your loved ones in the Azure crystal-clear waters. Aritoll and Tewa Stross remain the best places for this enthralling activity.
- Visit the Mal capital and explore over 80 luxurious resorts if you have the money and time. Makunudu Island and Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa are must-visit places.
- Pamper yourselves with a soothing massage.
- Explore the Ithaa Underwater Aquarium restaurant and experience what it means to have dinner and breakfast underwater.
- Enjoy an adrenaline-pumping submarine ride in any of the waters.
- You can’t visit a country with so many oceans without having a romantic boat ride with your loved ones.
- Fishing with your spouse
- Watch the sunset at the Alila Villa Hadahaa and Dhiggiri Sunset point.
Other things people do on their honeymoon in Maldives include swimming, windsurfing, and visiting the National Museum to discover more about the country’s history.
Santorini doesn’t need much introduction as it has been the hub for tourists and honeymooners for a long time.
Located in Greece, Santorini is a beautiful ancient island known for breathtaking views, caldera, volcano, delicious cuisines, sweet wines, and charming villages.
It’s a place to be if you and your loved one can’t do without nightlife, wines, tasty cuisines, and watching the sunset from an iconic standpoint.
Things to Do in Santorini on Honeymoon
Below is a brief rundown of 10 things to do in Santorini:
- Visit the highly-rated Oia city to watch the sunset.
- Sunbathe on Eros Beach, arguably the most romantic beach in Santorini.
- Book a boat tour and explore the Santorini Caldera.
- Wine-tasting tour at Boutari winery in Megalochori Village is non-negotiable.
- Watch a romantic movie at The famous open-air cinema Kamari in Maserias-Archeas, Thiras, Santorini.
- Eat delicious local cuisine at nearby restaurants or eateries.
Other things to do in Santorini on your honeymoon visit include sailing, horse riding, hiking, etc.
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Have you ever wondered why Bora Bora is nicknamed the romantic island? Well, that’s because it is home to many romantic spots, luxury resorts, and breathtaking scenery.
Located in French Polynesia, Bora Bora is more beautiful than the other 99 islands in the region.
Bora Bora boasts turquoise waters, overwater bungalows, white sandy beaches, and luxurious resorts, becoming one of the best destinations for your honeymoon.
Things to Do in Bora Bora on Honeymoon
- Reiterate your marital vows to your bride while sunbathing on the Matira beach
- Have a canoe breakfast at any five-star restaurant on the island, preferably Intercontinental Bora Bora resort.
- Take a selfie while cruising on the Bora Bora deep waters.
- Go hiking on Mount Pahia.
- Shop at Vaitape, a small commercial village with multi-purpose stores and malls.
- Enjoy an exciting Jet Ski ride in the ever-refreshing Bora Bora oceans.
- Go whale-watching if your honeymoon falls between July and November.
Bali in Indonesia remains one of the go-to destinations for tourists globally due to its features and activities.
The island is also a good place for the newly-wedded couple to unwind after the wedding stress.
With the numerous relaxation centers on the island, you can be sure you and your bride will enjoy a comfortable and uninterrupted unwinding period.
This destination also offers memorable adventures you could ever desire as a newly-wedded couple.
Meanwhile, Bali is known for its beautiful temples, delicious rice paddies, and pristine beaches.
Things to Do in Bali on Honeymoon
- View the country’s most romantic sunset at Uluwatu Temple.
- Wander around Seminyak Beach with your bride, telling her how much you love her.
- Enjoy a romantic Jet Ski session at Nusa Dua in the Bali South.
- Go surfing at Balangan Beach.
- Relax at the ever-quiet Jimbaran beach after multiple activities.
- Snorkeling is another fun-filled activity you should do with your bride.
Mexico City, Mexico
Mexico City is the perfect honeymoon destination if you and your bride love good food.
Located in Mexico, Mexico City is known for its aesthetic buildings, arts, museums, and nightlife.
Visit the museums in the city to see ascent sculptures and learn more about the North American country.
Mexico City guarantees delicious food when you visit one of its world-class restaurants, including Pujol, Sud 777, and Merkavá.
Similarly, it is home to different luxury hotels offering top-notch comfort and relaxation.
Things to Do in Mexico City on Honeymoon
- Have a nice time at Chapultepec Park, which covers over 1,500 acres.
- Watch Mexican folklore ballet performers do their thing at the Palacio de Bellas Artes.
- Pick one or two handmade souvenirs at the famous and ever-busy Ciudadela market.
- Test your bike-riding prowess on Paseo de la Reforma.
Venice offers the best opportunity to have a classic European honeymoon, thanks to its charming locations, good food, affordable accommodation, and romantic events specially organized for couples.
Choosing Venice for your honeymoon won’t be a bad idea because the city guarantees romantic gondola rides, charming cafes, and stunning architecture that will make a good background for your photos.
Things to Do in Venice on Honeymoon
- Enjoy a gondola ride around sunset and capture the city’s pink and orange hues view.
- View one of the country’s popular opera shows at Teatro La Fenice, the ancient opera house in Italy.
- Walk around Murano island and visit the Murano glass museum for lovely artwork.
- Flirt with your new partner while eating local Italian dishes at the famous Cantina Do Spade.
Fiji is in a class of its own when it comes to the best and most romantic island for honeymoons.
Featuring multiple world-renowned resorts, blue lagoons, palm trees, and mountains, you won’t regret exploring Fiji on your honeymoon.
Meanwhile, Fiji is known for its crystal-clear waters, sandy beaches, and luxurious resorts.
Things to Do in Fiji on Honeymoon
- Take your bride to the Tokoriki Island Resort.
- Explore Turtle Island for top-quality relaxation.
- Enjoy kayaking and windsurfing at Tokoriki Island Resort near Nadi.
- Take her to the Wadigi island resort to have a bite of freshly baked cookies, fruit platters, and gourmet cuisine.
Is Seychelles good for a honeymoon? Well, ‘good’ is an understatement because Seychelles is currently one of the world’s most romantic islands.
The country in the East African region boasts gorgeous resorts, lovely sandy beaches, lush green forests, and affordable hotels that guarantee top-notch hospitality.
Talking of hospitality, the island inhabitants are known for their friendliness and warm reception. They will welcome you with open arms and ensure you have a memorable time in their land.
Six Places to Visit in Seychelles on a Honeymoon
- The exclusive Anse Georgette beach
- The Port Launay Waterfall (also known as Port Gaud) is on Mahe’s west coast.
- Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa. It is one of Seychelles’ five-star hotels.
- Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve in Praslin Island.
- Anse Source D’Argent in La Digue, touted as the world’s most beautiful beach.
- Sir Selwyn Selwyn-Clarke Market in Victoria Island.
What do you want in a honeymoon destination — beautiful beaches, interesting norms and culture, Buddhist pagodas, free-flowing rivers, or captivating building structures?
Name it, and Vietnam will deliver!
Take a short trip to Ho Chi Minh City (previously known as Saigon) Hanoi, Hoi An, Mui Ne, or Hue to witness the best of Vietnam’s culture and tradition.
These cities aren’t only attractive; they contain plenty of artwork and sandy coastlines your eyes can’t resist.
You can’t get to these spots without taking one or two pictures to show your friends when you return home.
Things to Do in Vietnam on Honeymoon
- Visit the Dalat Valley, known as the “valley of love”
- Ride with your bride in a giant paddle boat on Xuan Huong lake.
- How about you walking hand-in-hand with the bride while exploring the flower gardens in Dalat valley
- Visit the highly secluded Mai Chau, and explore Thác Gò Lào waterfalls, Chieu Cave, and Rice field.
- Dip into the ocean on the mysterious Con Dao beach.
- Watch the sunset at the Phu Quoc beach.
London isn’t just about the English Premier League; it’s a good place for couples to start their marital journey.
London is known for royalty, while its architecture, weather, and museums are astounding, to say the least.
The city in the heart of Britain is a top destination for honeymooners wanting to feel like kings and queens while recovering from the wedding stress.
London guarantees an eventful honeymoon if you are willing and financially ready to explore all it offers.
Meanwhile, June and September are the best time to storm London for your honeymoon. You can also visit between January and March to avoid too many crowds.
Things to Do in London on Honeymoon
- Stay in one of hotel Indigo’s luxury rooms.
- Visit the South Bank, the cultural heart of London.
- Explore Painshill Park, one of the oldest gardens in the UK.
- Worship at the 111m-tall St Paul Cathedral located in St. Paul’s Churchyard.
- Have a nice date night at Gordon’s Wine Bar at 47 Villiers St, London.
- Your trip to London is incomplete without exploring the famous London Eye in Lambeth.
This list is incomplete without Paris, the city of love. It is known for its stunning architecture, art museums, and delicious cuisine.
Is your bride a football fan? Then, take her to the Parc de Princes Stadium to watch Messi, Mbappe, and Neymar showcase their skills for PSG.
The French capital is one of the top honeymoon destinations you must take your bride if you truly want to show how much you love her.
Being in the French capital allows you to witness some of the highly-rated festivals in Paris, including the Lollapalooza Paris, Solidays, Paris Hip Hop, Carnaval des femmes, and Paris short film festivals.
It also means your better half can visit ancient buildings she has always seen in movies and explore different museums to learn about French culture.
Whether you want local cuisine or intercontinental dishes, there is a provision for everyone in Paris. Nell’Arte, Dá Giuseppe, Cavale, and other restaurants are readily on the ground to serve you the food you want and how you want it.
Texas isn’t only a good destination for a honeymoon, but a place to make new friends because the people are friendly and welcoming.
You won’t regret choosing Austin, Texas for your honeymoon if she loves shopping, music, barbecue, and romantic events that live long in your memories.
Kickstart your honeymoon in Austin, TX on a bright note by lodging in any of the city’s first-grade hotels, including Hilton Austin, The Driskill, and Hyatt Place.
You can be sure of getting delicious and mouthwatering homemade meals and dishes like halva, briskets and ribs, and fried chicken with creamy corn.
Do you want international cuisine to satisfy your appetite? Don’t worry because the hotels have them on their menus.
Apart from the hotels, Austin Texas boasts diverse food joints and resorts where you can find excellent and delicious breakfasts and dinners.
See different shows, and watch the sunset at iconic spots like Mount Bonnell and Lake Travis.
Go window-shopping on South Congress, and have a good time with your partner.
Mauritius: known for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and luxury resorts.
Cape Town, South Africa: known for its beautiful landscaping, good food, and attractive beaches.
Marrakech, Morocco: It offers stunning architecture, bustling markets, and delicious cuisine.